Wednesday, November 12, 2008

....Poem Writing...

What is the meaning of friendship??It looks easy to define but for each and every one of us has a different definition. During one of my class with my form 1 Bestari students, I showed them this poem and asked them to read aloud. Each and every students in the class was asked on what they understand about the poem and how they define 'friends or friendship'. Well, its true...they have different opinions. It was very interesting to discuss with these 13 year old students. As a teacher I have learnt many things from these kids..
To have a friend is to be a friend,
that's how the saying goes.
so follow these things I have to say,
or your life will fill with woes.
Never whisper or gossip about your friends
at work or school or play.
And be kind to everyone you meet,
each and every day.
But most important
Be sure you never take your friends for granted.
Because having good friends around you,
Will make your life enchanted.

....after the lesson, i asked some of my students to write a poem..some students were very eager to write the poem. I asked them to write a poem about friendship and here were a few poems which they wrote...
Friendship is a quiet in the park,
with the one you trust,
you become the light,
that always shine bright in my life,
throught the darkness night,
when I need someone for help,
you always be there for me,
And I know that you will always care,
Thank you for being my best friend.
(Eva Hanny Juanis-1 Bestari 2008)
Friend is a light that shine on us,
also our daily inspirations.
Always make us smile,
and make us laugh.
Helping other friend to win,
success person they become at last.
(Davrine Milon-1 Bestari 2008)
Friendship is not a work,
that need to be done,
but it is about having fun.
Friends come from many religions,
also from all nation,
helping others be successful
and to win.
Always smile and be happy,
because friendship can make us feel better.
(Davrine Milon-1 Bestari 2008)

No comments: